Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Back of head & neck pain

anelisse - Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:01 am

Hi, all! I hope somebody out there can help me out a bit. I've never had this particular type of head pain. It started when I bent over to pick something up and just never went away. The very back of my head near my neck started hurting; originally just a solid pain. This gradually (over a few minutes) turned into a throbbing pain, which spread down my neck and to the top of my head (scalp-ish) and some on the sides. The only place it did not spread to was the front. Additionally, I have been sensitive to lights and noises; I don't have a true ringing in my ears, but it's as if I can "feel my heartbeat" in my ears. Sorry, but I don't know how else to put it. I have looked a few places (webmd, etc) but I can't find symptoms that match this exactly. If I sit (as I'm doing now) it throbs mildly--and my neck is still sore (was not before this). If I get up, I feel a little out of it and it gets worse. I'm not even going to attempt bending down again! Oh, and I have just a little problem focusing, but I I can still read this tiny print, so guess I'm doing okay! I've only had these symptoms for maybe an hour, but I just worry since I've never experienced them before. Any help is appreciated! Thank you so much. :) [/i]
 kids - Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:51 pm

I have a hard lump on the back on my head on the left side by my ear and a smaller one right next to it. It's gotten big and now I'm getting scared. I also have terrible headache along the back of my head. Can you please help? What could this be?
 tzya - Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:13 am

Hello there!

I think that you
 tzya - Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:14 am

(sorry just now that message got cut off)

I think that you are having a migraine.

Changes of visions and smells are symptoms of it.

I have been suffering from migraine as well!

I suggest that you should go see a doctor to go get some medicine to relieve your pain.

Hopefully it will work.

All the best to you.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us