Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Oral cancer?

andrew1113 - Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:22 pm

Hi, i'm sure this is nothing but i want to be sure. For the last couple weeks i've had a bit of pain in the back left side of my mouth near the last tooth. About a week ago i noticed a little(smaller than a pea) bump under the skin in side the side of my mouth above my last tooth on the bottom. I was assumeing most of the pain was do to my wisdom teeth which i'm gonna have removed in a couple months. This little bump under the skin isn't really painful. Its not a canker sore i've had those b4. From the outside it just looks like the normal part of inside my mouth. I was wondering what this could be, i've read about similar symptoms being oral cancer, but i'm a 19 year old male, who has never smoked(although both my parents do), and i rarely drink(maybe once every couple months). Is this something i should be worried about and should see a doctor right away?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:10 pm

User avatar Dear Andrew,

To diagnose exactly what this is, it has to be seen by a health care professional so i would vote for going to see your doctor just to make sure that there is nothing serious.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us