Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Indentations on both sides of the top of my head

david session - Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:29 am

I have two indentations just off top center but more toward the back top of my skull.
they are both in about the same place and the same length..they do not go all the way to the front of my head...
what are they? they have been there for quite sometime but the wife says she's never noticed them but i have...i use to have flakey dandruf really bad years ago and i just thought that this was a left over from the dandruf...
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:01 pm

You could be feeling one of your skull sutures. Possibly the coronal suture or even the lambdoid which is a bit more posterior.

If it worries you have it checked out.