Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: there is a lump under my nipple ....

helpmeplz - Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:13 pm

Hi im 5'11'', 160 lbs and 16 yrs old MALE i noticed about 2 years ago that there were lumps under my nipples. They are kind of hard lumps and tender if i press on them alot they start to hurt but not too much. I went to the doctor he wasnt a big help and didnt suggest anything they stick out pretty far not the nipple but the whole thing. please tell me whats wrong i can give you a picture of it if it would be better post your email please
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:39 am

User avatar Dear Guest,

From your description, this sounds to me as a case of gynecomastia (enlarged breasts) of puberty.

This happens to 50% of teen age males. It occurs secondary to hormonal disturbances in this age. It usually lasts up to a year and a half to two years. It is inconsequential.

Since it has been persistent for more than two years, it was a good idea on your part to see your doctor. Usually, there is nothing to do except follow-up. Some doctors would check some hormone levels.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 The Only Artist - Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:16 pm

I thought it was gonna be something really serious =/ too find out its a pretty common thing i'm now happy :D

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us