Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Chemotherapy

Question: Steroids for cancer treatment?

reianni - Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:59 am

I just searched my browser about this and some articles stated that certain types of steroids, steroid cortisols? The types of steroids I saw were hydrocortisone, dexamethasone, methylprednisolone and prednisolone.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:38 am

User avatar Hi reianni,
I am not quite clear on exactly what your question is but if you are asking what the difference is between hydrocortisone and cortisol are then I can tell you that hydrocortisone is a synthetic drug and cortisol is a hormone produced by the body.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us