Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: MASS AROUND SPLEEN?

MomOf4 - Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:36 am

I am almost 34, Female and my urologist found a spot around my spleen. He said it wasnt a CYST and I was sent to an oncologist.
I got a PET scan and also bone marrow from my back/side was taken and they told me that it wasnt cancer and to come back in 4 months.
What could be around or on my spleen? The only facts I got was that if it WASNT a cyst then that's NOT GOOD but the oncologist said I am fine. I just want to know what could be on my spleen that is 2 inches(according to ultrasound)?
PLEASE OFFER ANY SUGGESTIONS..THANKS!
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:10 pm

Dear Momof4

Is it around your spleen or in your spleen?! at which area from your spleen? The ultrasound can determine if it is a cyst or not...or if it is vascular or not.I am surprised that they jumped to PET scan before doing a simple CT scan with contrast? and you did have a bone marrow biopsy and they all came back negative? that is good.
I would advice to do a simple complete blood picture and LDH enzyme.get a CT scan to get a more precise picture .It could be from as simple as a blood clot from a previous traumato a lymph node,etc...it all depends on getting a CT scan and a better view of its nature and where it is at.