Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: Skin rash

 Anonymous - Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:23 am

what is a rash that spreads rapidly when scratched?has small water type blisters!
Spreading all over legs and back.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:59 pm

User avatar Dear Guest,

Skin rashes are best evaluated by doctors before any treamtent is taken over the counter on the part of the patient like creams or ointments.

What you are describing is associated in my mind with skin rash caused by a virus more than any thing else, still the person who has the rash should see a doctor to be evaluated and given the proper treatment.

Thank you very much for using our website and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us