Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Red/white rash on left testy - itchy!

 Jimmy54o - Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:55 pm

Age: 17
Sex: Male
No past diagnoses or surgeries.
A few people in my family have had cancer, baul and breast cancer (mums side). No current medications

Hey there.
I have something that resembles a rash on my left testey. There are many small pimple like things, mainly red, but some get bigger at times and become white, like a spot. I've had this for many months now, and i was under the impression it was a cyst?? But now i'm getting in a slight panic, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:42 pm

User avatar Hello,

Most penile papules do not have a serious cause, but some are infectious and may lead to more serious conditions. Are there any signs of inflammation? Do they itch?

Infection of sweat glands or hair follicles (mainly ventral surface of the shaft of the penis and inguinal region. They are yellow/black or red nodules on the hair shafts in the inguinal region. Nodules are often on the scrotum and occasionally on the base of the shaft of the penis.

They may contain pus in them. The hallmark is that they will have a hair arising from them that reveals their true nature. These lesions can be associated with erythema and itching. Superinfection with other dermatophytes (fungi) has been noted.

Given the limitations of the internet as a diagnostic tool, you are advised to seek a direct clinical examination to reach the proper diagnosis.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us