Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Pressure in eye and dizzy

 sosick2 - Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:17 pm

hi im 17 male, one night a month ago i felt a sudden slight weird feeling around my left eye while playing on the computer, the next morning i woke up i felt completely different. ever since i have been feeling weak/dizzy and my left eye vision has been blurry.
i feel a slight pressure in my head and when i touch between my eye and nose there is a weird feeling there is also pressure around my left eye. i havent had nausea/headaches.

PS i use the computer a lot

please help thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:52 pm

User avatar Your symptoms sound somewhat concerning. Unfortunately, without being able to examine you, I cannot get very specific.

I'd recommend you be evaluated by your doctor.

Keep us updated.
 sosick2 - Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:03 am

i went to the doctor twice and they did some neuro examination, and said i was fine twice, but i know im not.

any idea????
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:53 pm

User avatar I would advise you to consider seeing a neurologist if these symptoms are not resolving. There are many possiblities including atypical migraine headaches, seizures, inflammation of the optic nerves or other areas of the brain (though this is pretty unlikely given what you describe.)

Some things such as seizures and migraines are known to be occasionally triggered by watching computer monitors.

Beyond this, I am not able to get more detailed without examining you. If you are concerned I would suggest that you share your concerns with your doctor. Then you can either receive the reassurance that all is well, or get an appropriate treatment plan set up.

Hope this helps.
 sosick2 - Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:04 pm

ok thanks a lot
 sosick2 - Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:35 pm

sorry for double post,

so you mean all of that is pretty unlikely?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:02 pm

User avatar I would say that these are uncommon problems. But uncommon problems do happen. So it's probably a good idea to be evaluated by your doctor and possibly a neurologist.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated.
 sosick2 - Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:25 pm

thanks for your advice, will do

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us