Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Peanut sized lump on /right testicle

dee_loc - Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:10 pm

i do my usual self checks, and on my right testicle i found a peanutsized lump, now i was pretty scared at first, but when i pinched it with my fingers it appeared to be hard, but when i squeezed harder it was soft and i could completely pinch it flat, now im no doctor but isent cancer hard???? and it on top on what i think is the epididymis, could it be a cyst?????
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:16 pm

Dear dee_loc ,

It is a very good thing that you do self-checks regularly , I salute you for that. Regarding your query...I can not tell if it was a simple cyst or a simple inflammation in a lymph node..It has to be examined by a doctor...To be on teh safe side... you should do a simplle testicular ultrasound with Duplex...they would know exactly the nature of the lump.

Is it painful? (denoting inflammation in most of cases ) or not painful and has slippery edges when you flatten it...and does it move freely or fixed...all these question can be answered by your doctor...preferrably a surgeon.