Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Peanut sized lump on /right testicle

dee_loc - Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:10 pm

i do my usual self checks, and on my right testicle i found a peanutsized lump, now i was pretty scared at first, but when i pinched it with my fingers it appeared to be hard, but when i squeezed harder it was soft and i could completely pinch it flat, now im no doctor but isent cancer hard???? and it on top on what i think is the epididymis, could it be a cyst?????
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:16 pm

Dear dee_loc ,

It is a very good thing that you do self-checks regularly , I salute you for that. Regarding your query...I can not tell if it was a simple cyst or a simple inflammation in a lymph node..It has to be examined by a doctor...To be on teh safe side... you should do a simplle testicular ultrasound with Duplex...they would know exactly the nature of the lump.

Is it painful? (denoting inflammation in most of cases ) or not painful and has slippery edges when you flatten it...and does it move freely or fixed...all these question can be answered by your doctor...preferrably a surgeon.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us