Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Breast cancer and BRCA mutations

lymare - Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:45 pm

There are two breast cancer fatalities in my family. I am 48 and have many problems often associated with breast cancer predisposition. Every few years, I have a "scary week": bad mammo-, bad sono- followed by an urgent biopsy, with all doctors getting exceptionally nice. Then relief: benign.
Can anyone recommend me the facility where I can test myself for the possible defect in BRCA1 and 2 genes to understand my risk factors better.
Thank you,
El
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:14 am

User avatar Hi lymare,
Genetic testing may be done by a commercial laboratory. Myriad Genetic Laboratories may be able to answer some of your questions/concerns.
Telephone: 1-800-469-7423
Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us