Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lump on back of neck - right side

sallyd - Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:52 am

My husband has a lump on the back of his neck. It is located on the right side of the base of the skull where the spine meets - to the right of the hollow spot. Anyway, it is around half an inch in diameter and he says he has had it for a few years now. It does not hurt or anything and seems more swollen then a hard lump. It does not move around either. It feels pretty symmetrical as well. I find it like a big bite or bump when you hit your head off something...feels more like that than a hard mass. I am very scared though as we just lost his mother to breast cancer.

Thank you for your help,
Sally
 sallyd - Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:30 am

sallyd wrote:Hi,

Thank you for your help,
Sally

I should also mention that it has not grown in size....it has been around the same size for a few years.