Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: bump on head

theknotsmen - Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:12 pm

My wife has developed a bump on the back of my head, at the base of her skull on my left side. she noticed yesterday while combing hair. It is a little tender to the touch. It is about the diameter of a marble but only a 1\4 of the size if cut in half ... she is going to regular doctor today, but should we be going to hospital for mri? i am very very worried....the bump is hard and does not seem to move if I push it.. almost like it is part of bone..PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO OR WHAT IT COULD BE
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:43 pm

User avatar It is possible that your wife has a swollen lymph node. There are some lymph node beds in that area. Other possibilities include a hematoma (blood collection) as a result of trauma or a bony callous that may be forming if the bone was damaged somehow.

The best place to start is with your regular doctor. If there is need for imaging studies at that point they can be arranged by your doctor.