Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Concerned, should I get this checked out?

 northwindy83 - Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:56 pm

Hi, 23 y/o male here. I've noticed some symptoms that I have not yet had checked out by my doctor, but that several sites suggest may be signs of lymphoma. I didn't think to research this until I began to have pain in my lymph nodes after consuming alcohol. I looked it up, and I'm not sure but there was cause enough for concern.

In addition to having pain in the lymph nodes after alcohol, I also have hypertension, which neither a doctor nor a cardiologist could figure out the cause. I also have profuse sweating in the armpits and hands which I am currently using Drysol to treat.

I'm not sure if any of these conditions may be related, but I wanted to get an opinion on here before getting it checked out because I'm currently in between jobs and without medical insurance.

Thanks in advance.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:10 pm

User avatar While you lymph node is unlikely to be lymphoma, you should probably have it checked out. Painful lymph nodes more commonly are a result of infection than cancer-which tend to be painless.

Some lymph node infections are due to bacteria and require antibiotics to improve.

In regards to your lack of medical insurance, there may be some clinics that have a graduated fee schedule depending on income for those that have no insurance. Often your local health department can tell you where they are.

Hope this helps.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us