Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: hard small painless lump

kezie - Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:17 pm

I'm a 26 year old female
I have a small very hard painless lump on the back of my neck.
which i noticed a few weeks ago.
I haven't had any illness or infection.
however I am tired All the time
I am itchy all the time.. mostly my head and legs.. sometimes i scratch myself till i bruise..
my boyfriend is very angry at me that I haven't had this seen to
should i be worried ?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:17 pm

User avatar Depending on the actual location, possibilities include a calcified lymph node, or a calcified hematoma.

Given your age, cancer is less likely but should be considered when a painless hard lump is discovered.

If you are concerned about the lump I would recommend that you have it evaluated.

serenity7 - Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:39 pm

Just read yur post and it sounds like yu have exactly the same symptoms as a male friend of mine. He only noticed the intense iching till he bled and his wife made him go to a dr. He was then refered t a dermatoligist who discvered a hard painless node by accident. These two things cmbined led this dr t refer him for further tests and it was discovered that he has Lymphomas.

The Doctors he is now seeing say that iching as a presenting symptom is very unusual as a first sign but it is a sign, so I would suggest you get an appointment.