Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: hard small painless lump

kezie - Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:17 pm

I'm a 26 year old female
I have a small very hard painless lump on the back of my neck.
which i noticed a few weeks ago.
I haven't had any illness or infection.
however I am tired All the time
I am itchy all the time.. mostly my head and legs.. sometimes i scratch myself till i bruise..
my boyfriend is very angry at me that I haven't had this seen to
should i be worried ?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:17 pm

User avatar Depending on the actual location, possibilities include a calcified lymph node, or a calcified hematoma.

Given your age, cancer is less likely but should be considered when a painless hard lump is discovered.

If you are concerned about the lump I would recommend that you have it evaluated.

Best wishes.
 serenity7 - Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:39 pm

Just read yur post and it sounds like yu have exactly the same symptoms as a male friend of mine. He only noticed the intense iching till he bled and his wife made him go to a dr. He was then refered t a dermatoligist who discvered a hard painless node by accident. These two things cmbined led this dr t refer him for further tests and it was discovered that he has Lymphomas.

The Doctors he is now seeing say that iching as a presenting symptom is very unusual as a first sign but it is a sign, so I would suggest you get an appointment.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us