Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Small lump on Anus

 Karl05 - Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:34 pm

im 24 yo male. 3 weeks ago I found an itchy lump on on my anus. I tried to ignore it and it went away. But, now it back, It causes slight discomfort when I walk and sit, but is really uncomfortable when I tense my PC muscle. I've had a friend exam it and it looks like a pea sizes blister. I also have a dull ache on my tail bone, almost likes it bruised. this may just be coincidence. Please help as I'm really embarressed about going to the doctors about this problem. What can it be?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:55 pm

User avatar You may have a small abscess in the area. This area is a relatively common area to get such infections. They typically require drainage and antibiotics.

I would recommend you see your doctor to be evaluated and started on the proper treatment regimen.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us