Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: White thing sticking out of the inside of my cheek

sweetmomuf2 - Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:02 am

Okay I had a swollen lymph node. It has went away for the most part with zithromax. Well I have this thing that is white sticking out of the inside of my cheek it is very thin. If I push on the outside of my cheek It comes out a little on the inside.... A lady at my work said it could be a jawbone splinter. But like I said it is really thin and feels like fishing line when I touch it with my tounge. If I leave it alone, it goes back inside of my cheek. I dunno what is it, but I tried to pull it out, and when I got some of it with the tweezers it was mushy and it smelled really bad. Odd how that worked because like I said it is prickly and fells like fishing line with the touch of my tounge. And suggestion, I went to the doctor but they did not seem to care, neither did the e.r. If it is not a big concern how come I can not find any info on this?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:04 pm

User avatar Given your recent illness you may have a small papule (lump) from a virus. These very commonly can affect the mouth and throat.

I would recommend just keeping an eye on it for several days. If it has not improved in a week or if it becomes painful or swollen you should have it checked out again by your doctor.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us