Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: I thought it was hemorrhoids..

treefingers - Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:42 pm

OK well for about 3 years now I have noticed blood sometimes on my tissue after wiping my anus. Not a lot just a little pinkish blood usually when I was near done wiping. There was never any blood in the actual stools. I figured it was because I was heading to the bathroom about 3 times a day.

For the past few months I have been sitting on my ass in my computer chair A LOT! I have had nothing else to do,, I am 21 years old by the way.

So in the past week I started having the worst experience of my life. I'll break it down in to days.

Day 1 - First start noticing pain near my anus. Little bit of itching also

Day 2 - The pain has increased. I can barely stand sitting down right now for 5 minutes.

Day 3 - The pain is unbearable. I figure it is hemorrhoids so my girlfriend (thank God for her), goes and gets me a bunch of stuff to cure it at CVS. I can barely walk and definitely can not bend over.

Day 4 - I am still in the same amount of pain as day 3 but I am now start taking warm baths multiple times. I am still applying prep H and using Tucks to clean my area. When it got to be night time the pain was unbearable so I took 2 ibuprofens. It made the pain go away but the burning was still there. So I am a lot more active before heading to sleep and I go to lay down and I feel this wet stuff in my pants. I touch it and I think it is just the prep H for some reason. I go in the bathroom to check things out and there is a bunch of pus mixed with blood leaking out of a hole very near my anus but below it. After this happened the pain has pretty much disappeared but I still have the burning sensations.

Day 5 - I awake to more pus in my crack. I clean it up, hop into the bath and Thank God the pain isn't their anymore.

Day 6 (Today) - I awake and there is still pus coming out of this hole. I am doing the same things as yesterday taking 4 baths a day. The pus now does not have any blood mixed in but it is more clear with a yellowish tint to it.

Should I be worried right now? Will I get better on my own? Could this be Anal Cancer? I am trying to keep the area clean the best I can with Tucks pads after I take a bath.

Thank you in advance for any replies.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:51 pm

User avatar It sounds as if you have a peri-anal abscess. This is an infection in the soft tissue surrounding the rectum. It may have developed from a small tear (fissure) that often can develop in the anal area.

Generally these need antibiotics to clear up and sometimes need to be drained. I would recommend that you see your doctor as soon as possible.