Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: I thought it was hemorrhoids..

treefingers - Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:42 pm

OK well for about 3 years now I have noticed blood sometimes on my tissue after wiping my anus. Not a lot just a little pinkish blood usually when I was near done wiping. There was never any blood in the actual stools. I figured it was because I was heading to the bathroom about 3 times a day.

For the past few months I have been sitting on my ass in my computer chair A LOT! I have had nothing else to do,, I am 21 years old by the way.

So in the past week I started having the worst experience of my life. I'll break it down in to days.

Day 1 - First start noticing pain near my anus. Little bit of itching also

Day 2 - The pain has increased. I can barely stand sitting down right now for 5 minutes.

Day 3 - The pain is unbearable. I figure it is hemorrhoids so my girlfriend (thank God for her), goes and gets me a bunch of stuff to cure it at CVS. I can barely walk and definitely can not bend over.

Day 4 - I am still in the same amount of pain as day 3 but I am now start taking warm baths multiple times. I am still applying prep H and using Tucks to clean my area. When it got to be night time the pain was unbearable so I took 2 ibuprofens. It made the pain go away but the burning was still there. So I am a lot more active before heading to sleep and I go to lay down and I feel this wet stuff in my pants. I touch it and I think it is just the prep H for some reason. I go in the bathroom to check things out and there is a bunch of pus mixed with blood leaking out of a hole very near my anus but below it. After this happened the pain has pretty much disappeared but I still have the burning sensations.

Day 5 - I awake to more pus in my crack. I clean it up, hop into the bath and Thank God the pain isn't their anymore.

Day 6 (Today) - I awake and there is still pus coming out of this hole. I am doing the same things as yesterday taking 4 baths a day. The pus now does not have any blood mixed in but it is more clear with a yellowish tint to it.

Should I be worried right now? Will I get better on my own? Could this be Anal Cancer? I am trying to keep the area clean the best I can with Tucks pads after I take a bath.

Thank you in advance for any replies.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:51 pm

User avatar It sounds as if you have a peri-anal abscess. This is an infection in the soft tissue surrounding the rectum. It may have developed from a small tear (fissure) that often can develop in the anal area.

Generally these need antibiotics to clear up and sometimes need to be drained. I would recommend that you see your doctor as soon as possible.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us