Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Carcinoid Tumor

Question: Flatulence with Carcinoid Syndrome

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

 jlarder - Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:24 pm

I suffer from the above and have flatulence on a fairly regular basis. This in Public particulary on Public Transport can be very embarrassing. Is there any medication which can take effect on this, or probably a diet be recommended to ofset this problem
I await your comments.

Many Thanks

Joan Larder
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:49 pm

User avatar I am not entirely familiar with carcinoid syndrome. I would suggest you talk with a nutritionist or GI specialist about what type of diet is best for your condition. You may want to look into a low residue diet. This is often recommended for GI inflammatory syndromes.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us