Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Lump on collarbone

logansmom - Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:05 am

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right forum and if not, I am very sorry, but I am at my wits end.

I am a 33 year old female and about 3 months ago while doing my breast exam, I ran my fingers over my left collarbone and felt a small, pea to bean size lump. The lump is VERY movable as in one second it's on one side of my collarbone and the next you can't even feel it. Other times, it will sort of "travel" up and down the collarbone when I push on it as if it's loosely connected to the tissue underneath. I have been seeing an ENT specialist for a lump in my mouth which has taken up residence where my tonsils used to and he has felt it and said it didn't feel like anything to worry about. He is going to biopsy the lump by the way in a couple of weeks but also feels confident this is nothing to worry about either.

I have also had a couple of other physicians look at the lump, but sometimes they can't even feel anything because it will "hide" if I am sitting a certain way. I know, sounds strange. It's not painful, I am not running fever nor have I been sick. I may be worrying about nothing, but given the fact that I just lost my father and grandmother and recently found out my grandfather has cancer, I am a little hypersensitive right now to anyone mentioning the "C" word.

I am on Delestrogen injections as I had a total hysterectomy in March 2006 or a uternine prolapse, if that has any significance to my situation.

Please tell me I am not going crazy. I just think it's weird that I have this lump that is moving all over the place in my neck. And it's not just a little movement, it is a lot!

Thank you doctor.

Kat
 logansmom - Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:18 am

One more clarification - the ENT doc is going to biopsy the lump in my mouth and then burn if off with CO2 laser ablation.