Forum Name: Cervical Cancer

Question: hpv and getting pregnant

monkey1 - Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:00 am

I am a 31-year old woman who has recently been diagnosed with HPV. My doctor told me that I don't have to do anything to treat it right now but should be monitored every few months. She told me that it was okay for my husband and me to continue trying to get pregnant, but I've noticed that after sex I get cramps and feel pain, sometimes for days. We are having sex often now as we are trying to get pregnant, but I'm worried that I may be exacerbating HPV. What should I do?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue May 08, 2007 5:27 pm

User avatar I would not expect these symptoms from HPV. I can't say that I have an answer for it but I don't think you are at risk for exacerbating the condition by having sex frequently. I think your doctor is correct that you should be fine to continue as you are in attempting pregnancy. Good luck.