Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Cancer? nausea and constipation with extreme pain

ashika - Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:56 am

I have a history of lazy bowels. This time I had nausea and constipation with extreme pain which I usually get annualy however it came back 3 days later, today, now and I have been bloated this whole week. I went to the hospital and the ER didnt say anything about cancer. I don't have any skin marks on my stomach and the day before I ate 4 small chocolates before I slept. Do I have cancer?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri May 18, 2007 3:03 pm

User avatar I think cancer is a bit of a jump from your symptoms. I would be more suspicious of a stomach infection or possibly severe constipation.

I would recommend that you see your doctor again if your symptoms persist. You may want to consider taking a daily stool softener to help prevent your constipation flares.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us