Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: lymphoma symptoms?

teriann - Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:56 pm

Hello,
I am a 46 yr old female, experiencing the following symptoms:
lump in neck area, maybe an inch long ?, just below jaw - almost feels attached to jaw, hard, but somewhat moveable
night sweats (just figured I was entering menopause - perhaps I am)
lower back pain on both sides of spine
tiredness
fullness feeling in stomach - weight gain - not loss!
very bloodshot eyes - daily...eye doctor says "optic nerve looks healthy, probably allergies or a tear duct issue"
anemia
bruise easily
blood drawn a couple of days ago for an incontinence procedure scheduled next week. Results not yet reported, but blood drawer commented on her difficulty to stop the bleeding from the poke - ask if I was a bleeder or taking aspirin on a regular basis
I don't know if any of these things are related, but????? Lots of cancer in my family. Should I be concerned?
Thank you,
teriann
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 28, 2007 2:51 pm

User avatar Unfortunately, I cannot tell you this is not cancer. Lymphoma is possible. There are other things that can account for your symptoms as well, such as a fungal infection like valley fever or histoplasmosis depending on where you live.

I would recommend that you follow up with your doctor to be evaluated and discuss your symptoms.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us