Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: PAIN, LUMP ON CHEEK BONE

HALEYSMOMMY - Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:15 pm

29 YEARS OLD, FEMALE. WENT TO THE DOCTOR LAST WEEK MON. FOR A VERY PAINFUL LUMP ON MY LEFT CHEEK BONE RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY TEMPLE, IT STARTED ON SAT. TWO DAYS PRIOR WHICH WAS CAUSING A PERSISTANT HEADACHE AND PAIN TO MOVE MY EYE UP AND DOWN AND TO THE LEFT. IT ONLY HURT ON MY LEFT SIDE OF MY HEAD. THE SWELLING OF THE LUMP WENT DOWN BUT STILL SORE, AND STILL CAUSING A HEADACHE. I SHOULD MENTION THAT I HAD A DECREASE IN MY TASTE BUDS, AND NO APPETITE. THE DOCTOR ORDERED BLOOD TESTS AND IT CAME BACK WITH NO SIGN OF INFECTION AND HE JUST GAVE ME A PRESCRIPTION FOR IBUPROFEN AND SAID HE WOULD GIVE ME A CALL WHEN THE BLOOD WORK CAME BACK. NO CALL YET, (TEST RESULTS AVAIL. ONLINE). IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD TELL THE DOC TO TEST FOR?? THOUGHT ABOUT THE PAROTID GLAND, BECAUSE I DID FEEL JUST BEFORE THE SWELLING WENT DOWN A RUSH OF FLUID INTO MY LEFT EAR. I DID MENTION ALL OF THIS TO THE DOCTOR. ANY HELP??
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed May 30, 2007 4:36 pm

User avatar If your symptoms persist you may need to have some imaging (such as a CT scan of the head) to look for an abscess or other fluid collection.

Follow up with your doctor is important, especially when the eye itself is involved (such as pain with movement).