Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: ct scan enlarged spleen with large nodules

babydog - Sat May 05, 2007 1:53 pm

My husband just had a ct scan which showed enlarged spleen and large nodules, it also showed a fatty liver. He also has pain on the upper left side and has lost 20 lbs. Paliptation of his lymph nodes did not indicate anything abnormal. His last ct scan, 4 months ago was normal. What could all this mean?
We are currently waiting for an appointment with an Onocologist,
but are regular Dr. says don't worry it could be nothing. What are the odds and what would it most likely be.

babydog - Sat May 05, 2007 2:30 pm

I forgot to add, my husband is 54, has multi focal motor neuropathy, arthritis, depression, he takes lexapro, nexium, tyelonol arthritis and occasional medication for gout
 babydog - Tue May 22, 2007 5:28 pm

For anyone who is interested.

My husband went to the Onocologist and had bone marrow taken as well as more bloodwork , an ultra sound of his spleen and a ct of his chest to search for tumors there. I am happy to announce that so far, with the exception of the ultra sound of his spleen the rest of his tests were all normal.

His ultra sound showed 6 solid nodules on the spleen.

The next step is to see if an interventional radiologist can biopsy a lymph node behind his pancreas which is at 1 1/2 centimeters.

If not or maybe anyway they will take his spleen to get to the bottom of this. Needless to say, we keep praying for good results.