Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: LUMPS ON NECK

tocc92 - Mon May 07, 2007 11:31 am

Hi - For the past 3 weeks I have had lumps on the back of my neck at the hairline and behind my ears. It all started with a painful lump on the side of my face at my jaw, ear level, which has now gone away. I have had no fever or any sickness and went to my PCP who sent me for blood work which came back normal. I have no other symptoms whatsoever. Should I be worried??
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 07, 2007 4:17 pm

User avatar The locations you are describing are very consistent with the lymph node chains of the head and neck. It is likely that your lymph nodes enlarged due to infection and have not yet fully returned to their normal size. This process can take several weeks and the nodes may not ever fully return to their starting size.

If you begin to have pain or increasing swelling in the area you should be evaluated.