Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Itching bottom help!

starwars1122 - Tue May 08, 2007 2:36 pm

Hi all i have been having a ithy bottom for the past 5 months and im to scared to go to doctor
It itches all the time but there is no lump on it just irratates and itches then it hurts after i itch when i do a wee
the only time it stops feeling itchey is when im on my period? why is this happening?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue May 08, 2007 2:52 pm

Don't be afraid to see your doctor. I don't know what is causing it but itching is rarely a sign of a serious condition and is usually something very treatable. No point in being miserable if you can get help. Please schedule an appointment for a correct diagnosis. Meanwhile, use good hygiene, perhaps even regular sitz baths and use only cotton underwear. Good luck.