Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: pea sized lum in scrotum, has grown

gustafse - Mon May 14, 2007 10:16 am

First off I have crecentic IGA Nephropaty and was treated last year with cytoxan. i was also on testosterone and a number of other medicines. I don't know if that makes a difference to suceptabiliity to cancers or not. Anyway about a little over a month ago i had what seemed like a big pimple on my scrotum, when i squeezed it pus would come out but i would still feel a small lump in there that wouldnt go away like a cyst or something. It started out very small, about half a pea size i would say. This went on for about a month then last night it was kind of tender, it has never been tender to the touch before. it had grown to about a pea size, the skin was tighter over the swollen area than before, i tried to pop it and very little puss came out then blood so i stopped, now the area around it has swolen, it is not hard like the pea sized lump but the surrounding scrotum is swolen a little, im guessing from the irritation of trying to pop it. the reason i am writing this is i believe if it was cancerous it would not be pussing? if it continues to grow or become more painfull i will see my doctor but i was planning on waiting a week or two to see if it goes away. do you think its anything to worry about? whats the timeframe for a cancer to spread? i think i can afford to wait acouple weeks without worry, but i am not sure. i am 23 and no one in my family has had testicular cancer or this kideny disease i have now. i am on lisinopril, zocor, warfarin, and i take cla and fish oil
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 14, 2007 12:20 pm

User avatar I agree that this does not sound like cancer based on your description. I would be more suspicious of an ongoing infection due to something like a blocked hair follicle.

I would recommend that you be evaluated and possibly get a treatment with antibiotics to fully resolve the infection.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us