Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: pea sized lum in scrotum, has grown

gustafse - Mon May 14, 2007 10:16 am

First off I have crecentic IGA Nephropaty and was treated last year with cytoxan. i was also on testosterone and a number of other medicines. I don't know if that makes a difference to suceptabiliity to cancers or not. Anyway about a little over a month ago i had what seemed like a big pimple on my scrotum, when i squeezed it pus would come out but i would still feel a small lump in there that wouldnt go away like a cyst or something. It started out very small, about half a pea size i would say. This went on for about a month then last night it was kind of tender, it has never been tender to the touch before. it had grown to about a pea size, the skin was tighter over the swollen area than before, i tried to pop it and very little puss came out then blood so i stopped, now the area around it has swolen, it is not hard like the pea sized lump but the surrounding scrotum is swolen a little, im guessing from the irritation of trying to pop it. the reason i am writing this is i believe if it was cancerous it would not be pussing? if it continues to grow or become more painfull i will see my doctor but i was planning on waiting a week or two to see if it goes away. do you think its anything to worry about? whats the timeframe for a cancer to spread? i think i can afford to wait acouple weeks without worry, but i am not sure. i am 23 and no one in my family has had testicular cancer or this kideny disease i have now. i am on lisinopril, zocor, warfarin, and i take cla and fish oil
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 14, 2007 12:20 pm

User avatar I agree that this does not sound like cancer based on your description. I would be more suspicious of an ongoing infection due to something like a blocked hair follicle.

I would recommend that you be evaluated and possibly get a treatment with antibiotics to fully resolve the infection.