Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Cervical Cancer

Question: history of pre-cancer cells

babygirl1987 - Wed May 16, 2007 7:43 am

Hello i am a 20 year old female. for the fast 5 years i have had every pap test come back abnormal..i have gone to see specialst to have these cells removeed numerous amount of times..well when i got pregnant they couldnt remove them and i missed my appoinment after the baby was born and i havet been able to get back in for 2 years..now everytime i have intercourse it hurts my cervix really bad!! and the pain in my lower abdomine never stops..it has even mad it hard for me to go pee...and i constantly have back pain(lower back). im not sure what i should do because where i live it tAKES SO LONG TO GET INTO A DOCTOR HERE ABOUT IT..DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT IT COULD BE OR WHAT I SHOUD DO ABOUT THIS PROBLEM???THANK YOU SO MUCH
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu May 17, 2007 1:13 pm

User avatar There are a few possibilities. The most concerning would be, as I'm sure you've suspected, cervical cancer. Given your previous pap smear results this must be evaluated for.

I would strongly urge you to see a doctor as soon as possible. While emergency rooms really should not be substituted for a primary care doctor, if it is going to be months before you can see your regular doctor I would recommend that you be seen in the urgent care.

Best wishes.
 Mazie - Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:16 pm

F
Had surgery on vagina to remove a cancer spot.
Hysto.
I have been exercising on the treadmill I get pain in that area after exercising. Now I have to go back for another test pap smear is adnormal again. they think I might need estrogen..so they sent the speicment out should I be sorried

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us