Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: Small wart like lump on chest

Mandrew - Fri May 18, 2007 4:20 am

I am a 35 year old female and have a small soft wart like lump.cyst on my chest just above my right breast. Should this be something to worry about?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:28 pm

User avatar Hello,

It would be impossible to give you a useful assessment given the limitations of the internet.

Hear are some points to keep in mind:

Diagnosis of malignant melanoma requires expert knowledge, as early stages may look identical to harmless moles/warts. Signs and symtoms of malignancy include:

Darkly pigmented skin lesion, sometimes with areas of scanty pigmentation
    Irregularly shaped skin lesion
    Growth or change in shape in a previous mole
    Itching, ulceration or bleeding in a previous mole

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us