Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Headaches = Brain Tumor?

wesman200098 - Sun May 27, 2007 4:11 pm

I am a 25 yr. old male, and for the past week, I have had a dull headache plus a feeling of light headedness. I am kinda dizzy, but it isn't vertigo when everything seems to be spinning, just a feeling of light headedness. This headache is usually in both temples, and it seems to come and go. It never wakes me up, and it usually feels the best when I lay down. I haven't notice any vision or hearing problems. This feeling usually starts in the morning or early afternoon, and then subsides in the evening when I am about to go to bed. I am not vomiting, and I don't have much feeling of being nauseated. One other symptom is that I usually have a soar throat most mornings when I wake up, and then that quickly goes away. I am really not that congested either. I am not really in severe pain; however, it is annoying. Also, the headache gets better if I am active and moving around. When I am sitting or standing, that is when it tends to be the worse. Could this be a brain tumor, or something common like sinuses or allergies, eventhough I don't know if I have any allergies or not. Should I go to the doctor? I have tried taking Tylenol and Excedrin, but it doesn't seem to completely take the headache away. I am now going to try and take sinus medicine. Thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:56 pm

User avatar While brain tumors can cause headaches, this is not a common cause. You are much more likely to have headaches for other reasons and it might be worthwhile to see a neurologist if they are interfering with your life. Of course allergies could play a role. I would get it checked out. Good luck.
 wesman200098 - Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:10 pm

Thank you very much for the help. I went to the doctor, and he found it to be a sinus infection! I really do appreciate everything that you all do.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us