Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Small lymph nodes

debmatt - Tue May 29, 2007 4:10 pm

I was bit on my face and neck over the weekend. I am very allergic to bug bites and the next day I noticed that the lymph gland right below my ear was bugging me, a bit enlarged and my neck seemed swollen from the bite to the gland. The other side of my neck has a very small squishy lymph node and is on the same side of my body that the bite on the face occured. Does this sound normal?

lmbd - Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:57 pm

Just wanted to reassusre you. if it is bugging you as in soreness it is not cancer. Also, if it is moveable, soft and smooth it is also probobly fine. Sometimes these take a long time to go away and may never be normal size again. I have one that has been about 1.2 cm for about 4.5 months. I was assured that it was nothing and since it has not grown over the last few months and fits the not cancer category i am trying to quit worrying about. You are more than likely fine.