Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: What exactly does an "immobile node" feel like?

jots_in_nj - Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:58 pm

OK, silly question, but what does an "immobile node" feel like? Does that mean it is attached to the skin, or to the underlying tissue? Two of my enlarged nodes are along the "tendons" on each side of my neck, and when I push one, the other moves. I can freely move the skin around each of them, but they are affixed to the tendons.

Is this "immobile?"

Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:04 pm

User avatar Immobile would refer to begin attached to underlying structures such that the nodes do not move when being pushed on. The skin around them can move but the node itself does not move.

If you do notice that you have immobile nodes it is probably a good idea to have your physician check them out to see if any other testing needs to be done.