Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Worried about a constant headache..

Caterina - Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:04 pm

Hello, I am a 24 yr old female, with graves disease, i have had my gallbladder removed, and a tuba ligation (burning on both sides) I am currently on sinthroid to replace my thyroid hormone, and tizindine for pain, i use the tizinidine for muscle spams in my neck which sometimes gets so bad that i cannot move my neck, very painful, and for the last 3 weeks have had one everyday, along with a headache above, and behind my left eye last week i started getting dizzy, I am getting scared, what could be causing this?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:08 am

User avatar I would be suspicious that your headaches are being caused by your muscle tension in your neck. While a tumor is possible it is very low on my list. Other possibilities include cluster headaches and migraines.

I would recommend you see your doctor and possibly a neurologist if your headaches continue. I would also recommend that you follow up with your doctor regarding your neck pain to see if you can find a treatment that will help this.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us