Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: psoriasis

rp777 - Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:25 pm

Hello I'm age 23, male, no surgeries except tonsils, acid reflux, no medication, and having problems with psoriasis. I didn't take them seriously for 6 months, and now I'm beginning to worry becuase I was told if it gets worse, it can become a skin cancer or something like that. I was told that there is a cream out there to remove psoriasis (cream product I found online), but not sure if it's safe. I'm looking for a solution to get rid of psoriasis. Can you help me?
Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:29 pm

User avatar Psoriasis is treated by prescription from your doctor so it would be wise to see a dermatologist or other health care provider. There are safe over the counter products to help relieve symptoms and you may wish to check out the National Psoriasis Foundation at http://www.psoriasis.org. They discuss many treatment options and are a reputable site with support for people who have this condition. Good luck.