Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: "Rumbling" feeling of the head/brain!

JLC - Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:22 pm

I am 33 yr old Female. Two nights ago, I went to bed & my head/brain felt like it was rumbling inside. Like someone had the bass up too loud. It also felt like my brain was swelling as well. It was the most bizzarre feeling! It kept me up for over 2 hours. I do have a lot of headaches.Lately, it's almost daily that I have one. I also found two lumps on the back corners of my skull at the base. They are tender to touch. I do have anxiety disorder, which made this worse!! It only happened that one night, thank goodness. Taking NO meds, No Surgeries. Tell me, what could this be? Thanks for your time....

JLC
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:40 pm

I would be unable to assess the seriousness of your condition but these symptoms are not diagnostic of brain tumors. Brain tumors may manifest with a range of symptoms. Some have no symptoms at all while others are associated with very severe symptoms such as neurological symptoms (e.g., paralysis), coma or death. Headache is one of these symptoms and the difficulty lies in its mainly subjective nature. Patients tend to describe headache in different ways. So your complaint may actually fall into this category.

We generally do not depend on headache alone to suspect the presence of brain tumors. Many other symptoms and criteria are taken into consideration.

Please refer to your physician who will be able to assess your condition and properly advise you on what you should do.

Good luck!