Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Ovarian Cancer

Question: Cystic mass with solid nodule in L ovary

munguss - Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:36 pm

I am 29 years old, was dianosed with cervical cancer last april and had a radical hysterectomy Dec '06. Since then, I have had continuous pelvic pain and a TV ultrasound shows a cystic mass in R ovary and predominantly cystic mass with solid nodule in L ovary. About every 4 weeks or so I spike a fever around 102 in the evening, ache everywhere and am fine when I wake the next AM. The lymph nodes at the base of my skull have become enlarged in the past week and the CBC that was done a month ago showed a wbc count of 3.5 and decreased platelet count. I am tired all the time and have body aches and abdominal pain to go with the pelvic pain. My oncology surgeon said to wait 3 months and redo TV ultrasound, if solid nodule is still there he will remove ovaries. I have had multiple pelvic ultrasounds done in the last 3 years and have never had cysts before. Should I be at all worried, my primary care physician seems to be, but my surgeon doesn't.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:44 pm

User avatar I think you can feel confident in your surgeon's advice, but you can always seek a 2nd opinion if you are not comfortable with that.

You might want to consult with a gynecologist.