Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Ovarian Cancer

Question: Cystic mass with solid nodule in L ovary

munguss - Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:36 pm

I am 29 years old, was dianosed with cervical cancer last april and had a radical hysterectomy Dec '06. Since then, I have had continuous pelvic pain and a TV ultrasound shows a cystic mass in R ovary and predominantly cystic mass with solid nodule in L ovary. About every 4 weeks or so I spike a fever around 102 in the evening, ache everywhere and am fine when I wake the next AM. The lymph nodes at the base of my skull have become enlarged in the past week and the CBC that was done a month ago showed a wbc count of 3.5 and decreased platelet count. I am tired all the time and have body aches and abdominal pain to go with the pelvic pain. My oncology surgeon said to wait 3 months and redo TV ultrasound, if solid nodule is still there he will remove ovaries. I have had multiple pelvic ultrasounds done in the last 3 years and have never had cysts before. Should I be at all worried, my primary care physician seems to be, but my surgeon doesn't.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:44 pm

User avatar I think you can feel confident in your surgeon's advice, but you can always seek a 2nd opinion if you are not comfortable with that.

You might want to consult with a gynecologist.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us