Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Blood discharging from nipple

 mvernon - Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:54 am

31 year old female. Had ductal ecstasia year and a half ago. Now have blood discharging from same nipple. Nipple is scaley and appear to have swollen lymph node in arm pit. No palpable mass in breast. Have a history of stroke and cervical cancer. No family history of breast cancer. Should I contact surgeon who did original breast surgery? Should I be concerned that this is cancer?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:18 pm

User avatar Of course nobody can say if you have cancer just by symptoms. However, you should see a doctor to have this evaluated, especially since you have had troubles in the past. You should be able to see your regular gynecologist for this evaluation.

Best wishes

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us