Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: White blotches on my shoulders and chest

wwolsgra - Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:37 pm

I am 45, male and am diabetic. I am outside alot in our pool and have a dark tan however I have white blotches on my shoulders and chest and concerned. Could you please tell me what may cause this and how I should correct.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:01 pm

User avatar There is a condition called vitiligo you may want to investigate on the internet. Google it and you will find photos to compare to your situation. A dermatologist would be the specialist to see to rule out other conditions. Of course skin cancers are always a concern so having the skin checked out is a good idea.