Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Soft Lump below anal opening! help needed

JohnnyQ - Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:48 pm

HELP! i need some help im scared i might have anal cancer!.I'm a male 18years old ,good health non smoker,but for about 3-4 months now ive discovered a soft pea sized lump which is kinda white,reg skin color it doesn't hurt or bleed and u cant even feel it when you sit or walk,im scared this could be anal cancer of some sort also i was thinking could this be a anal tag? it just popped out one day out of no where no pain or discomvert,and its soft like when u press on it its not hard or anything its like a ball full of blood or something i would guess, this is right below the anal opening.
i was wondering if you guys had some ideas on what it could be so i can set my mind to rest. :O i don't want to die of cancer or something so please help would be appreciated thanks!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:57 am

User avatar Hi JohnnyQ,

What you are describing is unlikely to be anal cancer. It is possibly a blood vessel near the skin (a hemorrhoid) or a skin tag.

I would suggest you have your doctor evaluate this to give you a better diagnosis.

Best wishes.
 JohnnyQ - Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:21 pm

I've bought this Tucks hemroid treatment cream thing
and used it for almost a week now and its still the same its not shrinking or anything, no sympthons tho its just there ,could this still be a hemroid? or something worse?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:19 am

User avatar It may still be a hemorrhoid or other blood vessel. Direct evaluation will likely be able to tell what this is.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us