Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: headaches , blurring vision in left eye,

kmair - Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:59 am

Hi am 30 yr old female , started to have headaches for past 8 weeks now , they were dull in nature to begin with and not localised , start in the morning and last throughout the day usually not stong enough to warrant meds although they don't seem to make any difference. More recently i have been having short sharp shooting pains in my head and the headaches seem to be more left sided , when i close my right eye the vision in the left eye is blurred and seems to be getting worse. I have nausea some mornings though never vomiting and every now and then when standing i get a funny sensation as if the floor is sinking making me slightly off balance. My grandad had a brain tumour and passed age 62 which is why i bought this to this forum. Over little things are lump under ear and productive cough , docs looked in eyes and said could see no swelling . Should i go back?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:21 pm

User avatar Hi Kmair,

You may be having migraine or cluster headaches. Both of these can be associated with neurological changes.

I would recommend you consider seeing a neurologist for a thorough neurological evaluation. Both these headache types have treatments that may help you.

Unfortunately, issues like a tumor can cause these symptoms although they are much less common than migraines. The neurologist will also be able to determine if you need further evaluation for this.