Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: anal pain and bleeding

pzunknown - Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:58 pm

I am a 26 year old male,over the past month I have been seeing a fairly large amount of blood when I have a bowl movement.In the toilet as well as the tissue.Recently just below the anus swelling has started and tonight while checking I found a mass about the size of a jellybean.It's right below the anus and about 1/2 inch below the skin and very painful when I apply pressure.I would be greatful for any information about this situation.I have no past surgeries in the area and unknown about family history regarding this matter.
 pzunknown - Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:46 pm

I know there are alot of questions for the doctors and nurses to answer but if you could please reply to mine it would be very much appreciated because I don't have insurance or a regular doctor to visit and the mass that is there has doubled in size and has become incredibly hard.I'm really scared I am about to become a father in March.I need to know if it is something I absolutely must see a doctor or if it will go away.If it is I need to know soon so I can put off payment on something that way I can pay the doctor.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us