Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Posterior cervical Swellen lymph node

ali79 - Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:14 am

I had a scalp infection a month ago and got pimples on my head plus I also felt cervical lymph node on the right side of my neck.I went to doctor and he gave me antibiotics for 10 days.
Scalp infection went away after 4 days but i still have that lump on the right side of my neck.Its almost 1.5cm in size and has not grown in size and is had and somewhat movable
Should i go back to the doctor or should i wait.I have been touching this on daily basis
I do not have any other symptoms with this and don't have any cancer in my family and I am 28 years old.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:50 pm

User avatar Hi Ali79,

It is very likely that you have an enlarged lymph node from your infection that you are feeling as the lump.

These lymph nodes can take several weeks to return to their previous size. Some never quite get back to their previous size and remain large enough to feel. They still work as they should and are not concerning as long as it is not getting bigger.

I would not be concerned. It is probably a good idea to have your doctor evaluate this lymph node periodically (with your periodic health check ups) to be sure it is not getting bigger. If it does begin to get bigger you should have it evaluated.