Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Icthing for the past 5 months on bottom help?

 starwarsagent1122 - Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:55 am

hi i am female 20 years and for the past 5 months i have been itching round the skin from the anus to the vagina just that little skin that seperates the 2
this comes and go the itching but it is never there when i am on my period and it seems to be itchy mainly on the night and itches a day after i have had sex?
i wash myself with bodywash down there but is is perfumed such as like lavender wash could this be the reason? there is also a small skin tag there which i itch alot and there is no redness or bleeding from it or worms or out like that as my partner checked .
i really don't wanna go to doctors is there any cream i could use to stop it itching i have been using vaseline on it to sooth the soreness from itching ,
any any type of special down there wash? thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:42 am

User avatar Hi Starwarsagent1122,

The perfumed wash may be contributing to the itching. It is also possible that you have an area of eczema or psoriasis that is affecting this skin. (This would be pretty rare but possible.)

Another common cause of perianal itching is pinworms. The worms themselves can be very difficult to spot. They typically are visible more at night and are quite small.

Because of the variety of possible causes, recommending a treatment is simply not possible without an examination. I would recommend you discuss your symptoms with your doctor. It is quite likely that there is a treatment to help you.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us