Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Swollen Lymph Node

gsxr750 - Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:38 pm

Hello all,

I have a question regarding a swollen lymph node among the jugular lymph chain on the left side of my neck. Around mid June this lymph node became swollen, as a matter of a fact it was quite large. However, the node got smaller and is now around 1cm large give or take. I have had two doctors examine the node, and also had blood work done. The blood test and urinalysis came up normal. Why is this node still enlarged? I have heard that it is very normal for nodes to do this, but I think about it very often and I am constantly messing around with it. Could it be removed? Sometimes I want to rip it out of my neck. By the way I am an 18 year old male.
 ali79 - Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:19 pm

I have exaclty same lymph node swelling for last two months but i had scalp infection so i know the reason but still infection was gone after a week but its still swellen and its about 1.5cm. I got it eavaluated with two doctors and they said its very normal and sometimes they don't go away completely.They said that I should not be worried unless its start getting bigger and i feel some other symptoms.
Just relax down and don't think about it much.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us