Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Question about lump in front of ear & pain

briggscreek - Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:52 pm

I am a 31 yr old female. I have been having ear and jaw pain for about 3 months in addition to nasal congestion and post nasal drip. There is a large lump next to my ear only when I open and close my mouth, which my NP and dentist say is a swollen TMJ (I have had clicking and pain for a long time). I also found a small lump directly beneath that which I believe is a lymph node. It is not visible but I can feel it. I also have had a movable pea-sized node in my lower neck that I noticed about 3 months ago as well. I'm told the nodes are soft and are not sizable enough to be of concern, and the one in front of my ear is probably enlarged because of the TMJ swelling. I have an appt with an ENT, but not for a month and a half. Does the diagnosis sound plausible? I've never heard of node swelling with TMJ. Thank you.
 briggscreek - Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:38 pm

Sorry, I meant to put this in the ENT forum, but I can't figure out how to delete or move it.