Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: mass on scrotum

joebdoe2 - Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:19 pm

Hello,

Here is my situation/symptoms:

There is a hard, dense, painless mass on the skin of my scrotum. It is smaller than a pea and is visible because it is very white and the rest of my scrotum is a slightly darker color. There does not appear to be any hair growing out of it. I am 21, and have some family history of cancer but not testicular cancer. I am on no medications.

I do not think that it is cancer because it is attached to the scrotum and not the testis. Could this still be cancerous? Is this something that I should be concerned about? If it is some kind of virus could it spread if I wait a few months before seeing a doctor? Any insights I would greatly appreciate. Thank you!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:23 pm

User avatar If this was testicular cancer I would expect it to be on the testes rather than the scrotal sac. Perhaps it is a benign cyst or infected follicle. If it doesn't resolve on its own, you should see a doctor. I am doubtful this is anything of an emergent nature so you should be able to wait a little while before seeing the doctor unless you get an increase of pain, signs of infection such as swelling, redness, fever, etc. .

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us