Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: mass on scrotum

joebdoe2 - Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:19 pm

Here is my situation/symptoms:

There is a hard, dense, painless mass on the skin of my scrotum. It is smaller than a pea and is visible because it is very white and the rest of my scrotum is a slightly darker color. There does not appear to be any hair growing out of it. I am 21, and have some family history of cancer but not testicular cancer. I am on no medications.

I do not think that it is cancer because it is attached to the scrotum and not the testis. Could this still be cancerous? Is this something that I should be concerned about? If it is some kind of virus could it spread if I wait a few months before seeing a doctor? Any insights I would greatly appreciate. Thank you!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:23 pm

User avatar If this was testicular cancer I would expect it to be on the testes rather than the scrotal sac. Perhaps it is a benign cyst or infected follicle. If it doesn't resolve on its own, you should see a doctor. I am doubtful this is anything of an emergent nature so you should be able to wait a little while before seeing the doctor unless you get an increase of pain, signs of infection such as swelling, redness, fever, etc. .