Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Groin Spot type thing

pottyandy - Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:01 pm

Hello, I went 16 in may, 6 week ago i found a spot on my groin skin abit abouve my penis because i had an itch, it got big and red, and eventually i popped it and it went, i felt just a random moment for no reaosn and felt a little bump its on my skin,

I get very worked up and cant stop feeling it, when i feel it now its not a lump or spot i can feel my lymph nodes under the skin, so im quite sure its on my skin,

If i keep feeling it the area somtes look a very light shade of purple where it is, but then if i leave it alone i can feel a little spot like bump again.

So im sure its on the skin, i get worked up about these things thinking i have cancer!

If you was looking for cancer what would you be feeling for?
 pottyandy - Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:39 am

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/585/ ... re9.th.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 123re9.jpg

Here are some pictures of it. It is a light purple circle in my groin area, there is no lumps as such. Just would like an opinion thankyou!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us