Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: pain in armpit

det - Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:15 pm

i was unsure where to post this, but i felt it may be connected to lymph nodes, so i am posting here.

i'm a male in my 20s, good health. just this morning, i felt a pinching pain in my left armpit, towards the lateral side. putting pressure on it a certain way, i.e. pushing it laterally, results in the pinch that i described. there's no redness or rash that i have noticed.

even though i tried to physically check, i am unsure if there is any swelling. the odd thing also is if i slightly pull on the hair on that side of the armpit, i can still feel that pinch, something that makes me think perhaps it's skin related, because the lymph nodes are probably deeper within.

i plan on asking a doctor about it, but can you please provide me with some insight as to what it may be? something possibly serious, or just a little hiccup?

thank you so much.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:04 pm

User avatar I doubt this is anything serious. It could be a clogged duct or infected hair follicle. I would wait it out and talk to the doctor about it to be on the safe side.