Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: pain in armpit

det - Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:15 pm

Hello,

i was unsure where to post this, but i felt it may be connected to lymph nodes, so i am posting here.

i'm a male in my 20s, good health. just this morning, i felt a pinching pain in my left armpit, towards the lateral side. putting pressure on it a certain way, i.e. pushing it laterally, results in the pinch that i described. there's no redness or rash that i have noticed.

even though i tried to physically check, i am unsure if there is any swelling. the odd thing also is if i slightly pull on the hair on that side of the armpit, i can still feel that pinch, something that makes me think perhaps it's skin related, because the lymph nodes are probably deeper within.

i plan on asking a doctor about it, but can you please provide me with some insight as to what it may be? something possibly serious, or just a little hiccup?

thank you so much.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:04 pm

User avatar I doubt this is anything serious. It could be a clogged duct or infected hair follicle. I would wait it out and talk to the doctor about it to be on the safe side.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us