Medical Specialty >> Oncology

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

Back to Oncology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/21/2017.

Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: bulging in rectal area

 sadie87 - Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:02 pm

i am 38 yr old female with mild ulcerative colits for about 2 mos i have had some pressure in my rectal area and sometimes a feeling of a ball in my rectum this gets worse while i am walking, I have gone to a colon rectal dr. and he could not find anything wrong, I also have noticed some lower back dicomfort, near my tailbone, I have no symptoms of a flare and my stools are normal, when I sit down I feel fine, what should I do?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:36 pm

User avatar Hi Sadie87,

You may want to consider seeing your gynecologist for an evaluation to see if your symptoms may be due to the uterus pressing on the rectal area.

If your symptoms persist you may also need some imaging studies, such as a CT scan of the abdomen/pelvis.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us